Is your website design driving your calls to your competitors?
In the biz of getting new customers for my clients, there’s no way around this:
The only opinion that matters is the one that gets ACTUAL RESULTS.
With this as our job, every single thing must be hyper-scrutinized for either bringing in a client or turning them away…to your competitor.
Doing this all day, every day, every week and for well over a decade, you get pretty good at it. You’d be shocked at the tiny little things we’ve found that will drive away calls away from your website.
Let’s cover a critical concept you need to think with in order to be successful at this:
Your internet marketing must be viewed as a multi-leg relay-race.
If it isn’t, you’ll give up too early, skip one leg of the race and leave a lot of money on the table for someone else to come and grab. Every step of the race has to be completed SUCCESSFULLY in order to get ONE phone call in. Persistent people are the only winners here.
It looks like this:
Person has a Water Damage Emergency ==> They go to Google ==> They see Google result they like (SEO) ==> Clicks on Website in Google ==> If they like what they see in the Website, Reviews, etc. ==> They Call.
Unless every single one of those legs works, they don’t call you.
This may look overly simplified, as there’s a lot that goes into each step, each being as specialized as the next, but this is the basic outline.
So, knowing this, here’s some tips for your website that may drive away your calls to your competitors:
- If your website can’t be understood in 5 seconds, they’ll leave, they will not call you. People online “Browse” they don’t read, especially in an emergency.
- If your Google rankings are excellent from SEO, but your website is bad for phone calls, don’t turn off your Water Damage SEO, fix the website. If you turn off the SEO and then fix the site, you’ve just killed the earlier relay race leg and you have to fix it again (still no phone calls).
- DO NOT change your website when you’re bored of it or let some new marketing guy change it for some un-proven, opinionated reason. ONLY change it if it ISN’T getting calls. If it’s working, leave it alone.
- Look like your customer. Don’t design a $25,000 website showing mansions and Bentley’s when you’re located in middle-class, blue-collar suburbs. They won’t call you.
- Do not change bunch of things on your website at once. Change one thing at a time. Otherwise you won’t know exactly what the problem was and may change something else that kills your phone calls, inadvertently.
- Do not let internet marketing generalists work on your water damage site. This is a very specialized market and you’ll waste at least 3-6 months of your time and money on someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing or “educating them” on your dime.
- DO NOT do what everyone else is doing out there. Trust me. I’ve worked with over a thousand water damage companies directly. Just because your competitors are doing it, doesn’t mean it’s working.
Persist through the relay-race I showed you above. Be expert at each step. Don’t get sloppy. I know how much money my clients make, when it works well. It’s well worth your time and Gross Revenues to do so.
If you need us, please contact us, we can help.
Dan York, Founder